The Small-Scale and Craft Program is a four-year program that supports agribusinesses looking to scale-up operations, diversify product lines, expand exports, create new jobs and strengthen tourism in Victoria.
Applications for Stream Three under the Small-Scale and Craft Program are now open.
- Opening date – 23 September 2021
- Closing date – 19 November 2021 at 11:59pm
This round is a little bit different to previous grants under the Program and will require projects to benefit multiple producers.
Stream Three aims to:
- create cohesive visitor experiences that showcase Victoria’s premium small-scale and craft products and have the potential to become an ongoing tourist attraction
- develop new agri-visitor experiences across Victoria
- ensure Victoria continues to be a leader in artisanal produce, showcasing the sector’s excellence, resilience, sustainability and local job creation
- create opportunities for communities and visitors to engage with the unique small-scale and craft sector
- increase understanding of and customer connection with Victoria’s small-scale agribusinesses
Stream Three offers grant funding of up to $100,000. Recipients are required to make a cash co-contribution of a minimum of 25% of the total cost of the project.
Only one application per project will be accepted. Projects must benefit multiple small-scale and craft agribusinesses; letters of support from the agribusinesses must be attached to the application.
Stream Three will prioritise projects that:
- Benefit multiple small-scale and craft agribusinesses
- Improve the agri-tourism offering of the local region
- Offer ongoing experiences, rather than one off events or one-off experiences.
Eligible expenditure includes but is not limited to:
- Visitor experience project planning and/or delivery, e.g., development and delivery of food trails
- Diversification of local agri-tourism offering
- Project management costs (capped at 10% of total project costs)
- Marketing costs – initial establishment costs for digital marketing, advertising, promotional collateral
To apply, applicants must:
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered as a business in Victoria
- operate a business in Victoria
- be a legal entity
- show benefit to multiple small-scale and craft agribusinesses operating within the small-scale and craft sector i.e., cannot be a subsidiary of a larger firm
- agree to participate in future Program evaluation activities
- meet all workplace and employment obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards and the rights and obligations under applicable industrial awards
- provide relevant business information on the project, including costs
Under the Program, three grant rounds have been delivered:
Stream One — Small-Scale and Craft Business Development: Grants of up to $25,000 for projects that support businesses to scale up/expand their operations and diversify their products.
Stream One: Round Two — Grants of up to $15,000 to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses, that support projects to modernise equipment or adopt new technologies, access new markets, or develop specialised skills.
Stream Two — Job Creation and Economic Development: Grants of $25,000 – $200,000 for significant projects that delivered benefits to the community, increase tourism and jobs and encourage collaboration among the sector.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our free newsletter!