The Government has allocated $40 million over 4 years from 1 July 2011 for TQUAL Grants to stimulate sustainable economic growth in the Australian tourism industry by enhancing the supply of quality tourism products and experiences to support marketing promises. TQUAL Grants is managed and administered by the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism.
Two types of project funding are available through TQUAL Grants:
1. Tourism Quality Projects of up to $100,000 (plus GST) are available for smaller scale projects to support collaborative community tourism industry development projects, particularly those which stimulate private sector investment.
2. Strategic Tourism Investment Grants of up to $1 million (plus GST) will be available to fund a small number of larger scale projects to support Indigenous tourism, economic development and tourism employment.
Tourism Quality Projects – TQUAL is seeking to fund projects which are innovative and refresh, upgrade or develop tourism products and experiences to support the Australian tourism industry to meet its potential and complement tourism marketing efforts.
The program will support the following types of tourism projects:
- Implementation projects such as innovative tourism product, service or experience refreshment or upgrade
- Initiation projects such as feasibility studies
- Projects which support the industry’s capacity to be innovative and productive, or that offer leadership to the industry (including those driven by national peak or sectoral tourism associations).
Before applying for funding, it is important that you read through and understand the following documentation:
Program Guidelines — Tourism Quality Projects PDF, 136KB
Application Form — Tourism Quality Projects DOC, 659KB
Frequently Asked Questions — Tourism Quality Projects PDF, 294KB
Funding Agreement – Tourism Quality Projects (Coming Soon)
The following documents are also provided for your information:
Factsheet — Tourism Quality Projects PDF, 44KB
Case Studies (Coming Soon)
Tourism Signage Contacts PDF, 34KB
Applications close 5.00pm (AEST) Friday 15 April 2011
For more information about how Treadstone can help you with Government Grants call us now on (03) 9016 3575 or sign up for our Government Grant newsletter.