LaunchVic is looking for top-tier pre-accelerator programs that focus specifically on empowering women entrepreneurs across Victoria. Funding grants of up to $300k are available over a minimum of 2 years are available to eligible startups.
Deadlines and Timings
Applications are open and will close on 20 April 2023 at 10AM. Shortlisted applicants who will move to stage 2 will be notified by 5 May 2023, with virtual pitch day happening on 29 May 2023.
Overview and Grant Amount
To support the development of new enterprises and to ensure Victoria has a diverse and inclusive startup ecosystem, LaunchVic is seeking applications from new programs that will continue to support women-led founders establish and grow startups. The successfully funded pre-accelerator programs will:
- support women startup entrepreneurs by helping them bring their technology focused startup idea to life and create a minimum viable product (MVP);
- increase the the pipeline of women-led startups being created across Victoria; and
- increase the pipeline of quality women-led startups entering accelerator programs in Victoria
Applications up to $300,000 (plus GST) over a minimum of two years are eligible.
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criterion:
- Program Focus ― The proposed program must be a pre-accelerator program supporting women entrepreneurs. The program must support Victorian women startup entrepreneurs (over the age of 18). Funds will not be provided directly to startups or startup entrepreneurs through this grant round.
- Applicant Experience ― Applicants that are eligible include a delivery team that has proven expertise in supporting early-stage technology startups to launch and grow, exemplified by experience in delivering pre-accelerator or other programs. Applicants will need to demonstrate their experience growing women-led startups and startup communities, and request funding for a pre-accelerator program that can realistically help grow women-led startups.
- Type of Organisation ― The types of organisations that are eligible to apply include a:
(a) registered company/organisation headquartered in the State of Victoria; or
(b) registered company/organisation with an office in the State of Victoria; or
(c) registered company/organisation located outside the State of Victoria (in Australia) proposing a program to be delivered in the State of Victoria; or
(d) an experienced delivery team (as per criteria 2 above) who agrees to setup a new company to primarily run the pre-accelerator program and register the new entity in Victoria before contract execution
Please note a company/organisation with an Australian Business Number (ABN) is defined as ‘registered’. Not-for-profit organisations can apply. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact the LaunchVic Grants Team. Preference may be given to applications made by companies headquartered in Victoria or companies with an established office or actively working in Victoria.
We have over 14 years of experience preparing EMDG claims and can assist in making sure you receive your maximum rebate.
Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!