Sustainability Victoria has announced the opening of the Business Support Fund Round 2 on May 25. Up to $200k Stream 1 and $1m for Stream 2 projects. Funding will support the development and implementation of circular economy business models and practices that avoid waste generation in Victoria.
Projects eligible for funding include those that:
- avoid waste of products and materials
- extend the useful life of products
- increase shared use, access or ownership of products
- replace products with services
- produce products and services using less materials
- upcycle pre-consumer food or textile waste
Projects focused on recycling, recycled content products and bioenergy are not eligible for this fund. The fund is distributed through 2 streams:
- Stream 1: Develop a circular economy business case
- Stream 2: Implement a circular economy business case
Deadline and Timings
Deadline for applications is on 7th Jul 2022, 11:59 PM AEST
Overview and Grant Amount
Round 2 of the Business Support Fund supports circular business models and practices that avoid waste in Victoria. The circular economy business models supported by the Fund include:
- Materials efficiency: improved processes to reduce waste in the production of products and services
- Circular design and marketing: design and marketing to improve resource efficiency and extend the life and value of products and materials during their use phase, including certification schemes
- Product stewardship: taking responsibility for the product during the use phase
- Waste avoidance: practices that avoid waste of products and materials in the supply chain
- Circular economy enablers: supply or adoption of processes, technologies, training and advice
Each project can receive a minimum grant of $50,000 for both streams, and up to $200k for Stream 1 and up to $1m for Stream 2, depending on the amount of waste the project will avoid each year. There is a 500 tonnes waste avoidance target as the minimum eligibility criteria that will apply.
The lead applicant and any collaborative partners must together contribute at least $1 for every $1 funded (1:1 co-contribution) and must be in cash. The lead applicant and any collaborative partners must together contribute at least $1 for every $1 funded (1:1 co-contribution). Only the lead applicant and any collaborative partners can make co-contributions. Other parties, including delivery partners, cannot make co-contributions.
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants may apply as either as a single organisation, or as a collaborative project with multiple organisations. All applications require a single lead applicant (companies, trusts, co-operatives, indigenous corporations, joint ventures, social enterprises, industry groups and associations), who will be the responsible contracting party.
The Lead Applicant must also:
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have been operating for a minimum of 2 years by the application closing date (to be validated by the date that the organisation’s ABN is active from)
- meet or exceed the minimum co-contribution requirements
- lead any collaborative partnership according to requirements
- agree to comply with the Terms of Participation in Grant Programs
- agree to comply with the funding terms and conditions as per the General grant funding agreement
ALL projects must also:
- not have started before the funding agreement is signed
- start within 3 months after the project has been awarded funding
- meet all regulatory or planning requirements by 28 February 2023
- be implemented in Victoria
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the information session or watch the recording.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss your grant needs more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!