The Australian and Victorian Governments have established a $10 million Victorian Bushfire Business Investment Fund (VBBIF) to encourage private sector investment and job creation in areas affected by the February 2009 Victorian bushfires.
The Government grant aims to restore and improve the business capacity of these areas and enhance economic development to ensure their sustainable future.
New and existing businesses will be able to apply for a share of the Fund for private sector capital works. The Government grant is designed to provide support for private sector investment in bushfire affected communities to:
- develop business
- stimulate post-bushfire economic investment
- stimulate job creation
Successful applications will demonstrate their ability to improve employment, business and economic opportunities in fire-affected regions.
What funding is available?
Grant amounts will range from a minimum of $50,000 to a maximum of $4 million. Grant amounts requested cannot exceed 50% of the total capital cost of the project. Access to funding will be subject to a competitive process, with applications closing on 30 June 2010.
Which projects are eligible?
Private sector capital works which enhance economic development and create jobs in areas of Victoria affected by the February 2009 bushfi res are eligible for consideration.
What is not eligible?
Funding will not be considered for:
- Retrospective projects, where the project has already been completed or is already underway
- Ongoing operating costs or salary subsidies
- Projects requiring ongoing Government funding once completed
- Business relocations (must be expansions or new businesses)
- Projects undertaken by the private sector as a result of Government contractual arrangements
- Projects requiring full funding where funding is normally provided from Government sources (Commonwealth, State or Local)
- Feasibility studies, business plans, cost benefi t analyses and economic impact studies
- Utility connections to the boundary of the project site and other infrastructure external to the site
Guidelines and application forms
The Victorian Bushfire Business Investment Fund Guidelines
Applications close on 30 June 2010.
For more information about how Treadstone can help you with Government Grants call us now on (03) 9016 3575