The Women’s Leadership and Development Program’s (WLDP) Lead and Succeed grant is inviting organisations to apply and take part in is opportunity to increase gender equality, extend leadership and economic participation opportunities for women, and build a safer and more respectful culture in workplaces.
Deadline and Timings
21 Apr 2022 at 9:00 pm AEST
The minimum grant period is 1 year and the maximum is 4. Projects must not extend past 30 June 2026.
Overview and Grant Amount
The Women’s Leadership and Development Program (WLDP) Lead and Succeed funding grant has a budget allocation of over $20 million over 4 years. The funding will support projects that address the structural and systemic barriers that impede women’s employment and progression into leadership, create an environment for women to achieve professional success, and support women to access leadership roles.
Projects that target women living in regional, rural and remote areas, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, older women, women with disability and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, are encouraged. Projects must be delivered on a national scale, or be scalable to have a national impact and/or reach. The objective is to improve outcomes for women in Australia in 6 key focus areas:
- women’s job creation
- women’s economic security
- women’s workforce participation
- women’s leadership
- women’s safety
- international engagement
The minimum total grant amount is $1 million GST exclusive. There is no maximum grant amount but grants cannot exceed the amount of available funds. It is expected that grants will range between $2 million and $4 million in total (GST exclusive), depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- be a permanent resident of Australia
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
And be one of the following types:
- indigenous corporation
- incorporated association
- statutory entity
- corporate state or territory entity (universities only)
Applications from consortia are encouraged. The lead organisation may consider forming a partnership or consortium with other organisations who have relevant expertise including:
- specialist women’s sector and/or specialist family, domestic or sexual violence organisations
- gender equality organisations
- peak advocacy organisations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations
- community sector organisations that are led by, represent and/or have an expertise in working with diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, rural regional and remote communities, LGBTQI+ women, women with disability and older women
- local government
Before applying, you must read and understand these guidelines, the terms and conditions, sample grant agreement and questions and answers. These documents are found on the GrantConnect website. By registering on this website, you will be automatically notified of any changes. GrantConnect is the authoritative source for grants information. To apply, you must:
- complete the online application form on the GrantConnect website (submission/acceptance of application forms via fax or email will not be entertained)
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
For enquiries relating to the Program, applicants may submit it in writing via email to the Community Grants Hub five business days prior to Closing Time and Date.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!